Palace Coffee Company
Palace Room Musician Information
Palace Coffee Company opened on the Square in Canyon on July 1, 2011. The backroom of Palace, which we call “The Palace Room” has hosted many of great local artists as well as some pretty awesome bands passing through such as Judah and the Lion, The Vespers, Ryan Culwell, and our good friend David Ramirez. The room seats about 40-50 folks comfortably, but we have been known to cram upwards of 100 people with standing room only shows. It is a quaint room with a simple stage set up. The best part is, it is a listening room. When musicians play, the audience is there to listen and it is completely separate from the front café space.
There are a few things you should know about our venue and the enclosed information should hopefully answer all of your questions. Should you have any further questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can start with the basics. Palace Coffee Company does not pay musicians to play in our space. Musicians can put out tip jars and sell merchandise. Palace does not take any portion of the merchandise sales. There are some instances where we can charge a door cover charge in which the artist receives 70% and Palace receives 30%. These shows are determined on a case by case basis and are rare. We like to offer free shows to the community and a place for local artists to be heard.
If you are interested in booking a show at Palace Coffee Company there are some basic requirements:
· The artist MUST play 100% original material. This requirement is non-negotiable.
· The artist must have at least 1 hour of original material ready to perform
· The artist must submit a youtube clip, mp3 or some form of sample music to email@example.com to determine if the style fits our venue.
· The artist must read, agree to and sign a contract before the date can be secured
If you meet the basic requirements, follow these steps:
1. Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Band name and information
b. Date that you are requesting
c. Youtube or MP3 sample of music
2. Our staff will review the information and respond within 48 hours with any further questions or information needed.
3. If everything is approved and the date is available, we will have you fill out and sign the agreement. The date will NOT be reserved until the agreement has been received.
Below is a list of the equipment that Palace has available to the musician. Anything that is not on this list that is needed by the artist will need to be provided by the artist.
· (Peavey) 2 BWX Amplifiers
· Snake box 8xLR Channels, 6 1/4" channels
· [Mixer] Mackie 808m 8 Channel
· 2 Ultra-G Behringer D1-Boxes
· 2 Shure Prologue Cardioid Mics
· 2 Rean XLR Cables
· 1 1/4" Cable
Diagram of Room Set up